Tuesday, April 13, 2010

just life i spose.

well, since i last posted...i have lost FOUR POUNDS! i know, i know. you must be thinking whoever heard of such a feat? FOUR POUNDS? the man must have some magical quality about him! anyway, despite the small number, you have to start somewhere so four is not a bad place to start if i do say so myself!

seeing as today was tuesday, it meant it was the lowest calorie day of the week. i glance at the fridge as tuesday approaches an shiver with each approaching day. by the time tuesday comes, i think....okay, i can handle this. and i do, for lunch and breakfast but then by the time dinner rolls around i'm toast. ah well, i still end up eating less on such days. though i do complain, it has worked. and with only minimal suffering.

the exercising is still existing. i still prepare for the hiking by doing my little walks in the woods and the hills are still making a mockery of me. i can just hear the earth chuckle as i heave myself up a particularly nasty hill. i try to distract myself with music which is all well and good until my shinsplints lock my legs and my breath abruptly stops. the other day i decided to incorporate jogging again and i was able to push myself farther seeing as there were no creeks in my way this time. now, normally i exaggerate but this time i am serious when i say that i could barely breathe when i stopped. i tried to breathe in and something in me had hit panic mode and was not allowing normal breathing. i had seen plenty of athletes bend in half when they lost their breath so i tried this. it helped but i soon realized i was giving the neighbors quite a spectacle all bent over and huffing and whatnot. so, in order to keep the traces of my pride, i stood tall and proud and proceeded down the trail where i soon died again.

to make a quick jump, healthy food. oh how delicious, how nutritious and how utterly unsatisfying. i love a good salad and yogurt for lunch. it tastes fresh and delicious. as soon as you are done, there is this sense of accomplishment of having eaten so healthily. and then it hits you that you are completely unsatisfied and would love a chunk of anything fried or maybe just some meat...or potatoes or anything that was not green or the consistency of baby food.

No comments:

Post a Comment