Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Days One and Two

Well the first day and second day of my one-hundred-fifty day thing have passed. as usual, breakfast and lunch were not total disasters. i was however able to refrain from mooching my colleagues leftovers. (though i grimaced as they threw them away) being the end of the monthly fiscal period, the selections for my lunch were less than grand. i was also running late and was forced to pick some pre-packaged and high calorie, very unsatisfying food. as the day wore on and my hunger gnawed at me, i grew increasingly irritable at the thought of my meager lunch. by the time lunch came, i was quite irritable and began to make my friends pay seeing as it was clearly their fault that my lunch was so pitiful.

as far as exercising is concerned, day one was mostly a success. after having seen a deceased snake on the side of the road, i was reminded that this was the time of year when the fowl creatures were awaking from their hibernation and throwing themselves maliciously in my path. this led me to alternate my routine and steer clear from my normal woodsy route. instead, i ventured to the subdivision near my house and walked there for a bit.

on the second day, my forest path had been cleared and mowed to a decently low level and my serpentine fears were not so great so i took to the woods once more. after about five minutes the rain began to pour. i decided that this would be good preparation for snowy hikes in germany. until i was soaked ot the bone and i was afraid my iPod would die. so i went inside and loafed on the couch. i tried to do somehing productive but in the end submitted to the ever seductive call of napping.

overall, the eating and exercising wasn't a total debacle for these days. we shall see where it all goes in the coming 148 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment