Monday, February 22, 2010

and of course, another debacle.

This morning, after a delightfully appropriate breakfast, i packed myself and equally appropriate lunch. i did in fact forget that during class today, we were presenting our projects and some of said projects included food. i planned to lightly snack on all of the offerings and cut back at lunch or dinner. unfortunately i looked up and through the door came the most incredible thing. it was a bay-watch moment she walks in and her hair blows back and a heavenly light emanates radiantly from the pan she carries. all traces of willpower died with my dignity as i began to devour chicken wings one after another in a way that would make a Neanderthal blush. i remember looking down at a pan full of wing sauce and a plate full of crumbs and feeling this burn in my chest as the hot sauce burned a hole through my digestive tract. as i surveyed the debris and took in the damages, i wondered what i had become.

needless to say that the wings were merely the beginning and from there i made my mark on other student's dishes. when lunch time came, i felt obliged to give my turkey and hummus wrap to others who were fortunately endowed with higher metabolic rates.

now supper time is here and i still feel as if i should be floated at the Macy's parade. my pilates mat is eying me from its closet. i can feel the angry stare it burns into my belly. i know i should retrieve it and get my stretch on . but the couch is being more seductive. the pilate mat is the guilt tripping mother that says, if you neglect me, think what will happen! how dare you! after all i've done!? the couch is the alluring woman that calls out in a sexy smooth voice. remember last time you laid on me? how soft i am? take me! you see my fat man's dilemma.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment... it's good to hear that the More at Four program is top notch.

    I love your writing style :-) And I can relate to your weight loss plight. I am a food addict, in that I have an addictive personality, and I truly believe simple carbs and processed sugars ARE addictive.

    Currently, I hope to lose 50 pounds, and get back into the jeans I wore my sophomore year of college. I have lost 50 pounds before and I am ashamed over the past 5 years I gained it all back. Weight Watchers and exercise worked for me the first time, but this time I am going on a strict vegan diet and restricting ALL processed carbs like bread or pasta. I do best when I just don't eat things that cause me to binge.

    It's a struggle, but I remember how great I felt and how my self esteem soared when I was fit and trim. Besides, I want to be healthy for my kids.

    Anyhow, best wishes on your journey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. Well, it's no secret that I also fall into the "fatty" category. I've been walking along for what, years now, justifying in my mind that I'm just overweight. I am tall and big-boned, mind you!

    It was after getting my Wii-Fit for Christmas that the ugly truth smacked me in the face. My assessment landed me in the "obesity" zone, with the body age of a 50 year old.

    So, in honor of my 20th year out of high school, my first goal is to drop 20 pounds. If I get there, perhaps I'll vow to take off the additional 30 that could make me plummet to the "healthy" weight area of the fatometer.

    I can totally relate to your posts and your wittiness comes out as you share your struggles. Lord willing, in the coming months, we'll both be a bit (or more than a bit) lighter on our feet.

    ReplyDelete